Looking for a change in your career? Join our team- we’d love to have you!
The Ott Scientific family of companies (Ethos Biosciences, Bangs Laboratories, Polysciences) strives to develop innovative chemistries, products and services that support advancements across scientific disciplines. Together, we are dedicated to delivering the highly specialized products and services that support scientific discovery and innovations in the diagnostic, medical device, specialty chemical and consumer product markets.
Ethos Biosciences was formed as a subsidiary of Ott Scientific focused on the design, development, and manufacture of high-quality nephrology assay kits, reagents, and lateral flow devices.
What We Offer
- Culture – Great people, Peer to Peer Recognition, Broader, hands-on work experience
- Clean and Modern Equipment & Labs, fun company events
- Competitive wages & generous year-end bonus
- Comprehensive benefits
- 4 PPO medical plans with Telemedicine, Rx, & Vision, 2 Dental Plans
- Healthcare, Dependent care, & Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) with company match, Financial Health & Wellness w/ 1:1 coaching
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, & Critical Illness, Paid Time Off, Short & Long-term disability, 9 Paid Holidays
Current Open Positions
What You Will Do:
- Promote the sales of the company’s stains & reagents and lateral flow immunoassay contract development and manufacturing services.
- Manage and grow sales with key accounts.
- Develop and manage a robust pipeline of new sales opportunities.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales target on a quarterly and annual basis by maintaining growth within existing customer base as well as actively searching for new business opportunities.
- Perform at-customer-site sales calls and presentations and execute appropriate follow-up.
- Provide regular forecast and contact list updates and call reports.
- Develop and execute annual account development plans.
- Work with the Director of Sales to develop annual and strategic plans.
- Follow up on sales leads from company trade shows, marketing campaigns, telephone inquiries and other sources. Develop list of prospective customers.
- Drive effective presentation / proposal / quote preparation and manage the overall opportunity process, including communication strategies, etc.
- Support Marketing in developing strategies and sales tools needed.
- Contribute to new product ideas and promotional activities to assure profitable growth.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related scientific field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a sales role in the in vitro diagnostic market.
- Knowledge of, and experience selling into the in vitro diagnostics market.
- Excellent track record of account management success.
- Excellent behavioral /interpersonal skills (teamwork, initiative, enthusiasm, commitment-to-task, leadership, ability to drive goals to completion, effective networking skills, innovative/independent problem-solving skills, self-motivation and overcoming obstacles with integrity and professionalism.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to strategize and achieve results
- Ability to interact with high level decision makers to close deals
- Ability to work independently to successfully manage sales.
- Ability to travel 50%+ to customer locations, including overnight travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
- Professional proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)